Birch Class (Year 1)
WELCOME TO BIRCH’S WEBPAGE.
Welcome back to a new and exciting year!
We begin the year with the theme ‘Get Out of My Swamp’. The term began with some strange goings on that the children have been investigating. This will lead to us describing and exploring different story settings and themes in fairy tales. We will have the opportunity to write our own stories and discover some new ones too.
We use a range of technology to help us with our learning in the classroom. Below is a list of iPad apps that we use in school or that will be beneficial for home use.
Morfo Booth – We use this app to make characters come to life.
Skitch – This is a great app to annotate a photo or picture.
Pic Collage – Create a collage on the ipad.
Dragon Dictate – We use this app to help us concentrate on the content of our writing and getting our amazing ideas down.
Doodle Maths – A great app to make maths fun.
Puppet Pals – We use this to create our own stories and as a tool for talk for writing.
THINGS WE HAVE BEEN DOING RECENTLY
- Year 1 Topic Overview Summer Term 2 2018 – Enchanted Wood
- Year 1 Topic Overview Spring Term 2 2018 – ‘Zooming Around’
- Year 1 Topic Overview Autumn 2 2017 – Weather
- Year 1 Topic Overview Autumn 2017 – Bears
- Year 1 Topic Overview Summer Term 2017 – Colour
- Year 1 Topic Overview Spring Term 2017 – People
- Year 1 Autumn Term 2016 Topic Overview – Toys
- Year 1 Spring Term Topic Overview – Environment
- Year 1 Suggested Reading List
- Help Yourself to Write Year 1 and 2a pdf
- Help Yourself to Write Year 1 and 2b pdf
- Year 1 & 2 Curriculum Spelling List