Welcome to Maple Class home page.
Here you will find updates and pictures from our journey throughout the year.
You can also access Seesaw for more regular updates of child’s progress in Maple Class.
PE will be on a Monday. Forest School Will be on Thursday. Please ensure your child always has their full PE/Forest School kit in school and that it is clearly labelled. It will be sent home every half term to be washed.
Reading books will be swapped weekly and a larger selection will be available online.
Planners are checked daily. We will record reading with your child and next steps here. Please pop a note in when you have read with your child and sign the planner each week.
Seesaw is used regularly to update you on your child’s progress in Maple class. On here you can also access the home learning grid, so that you can support your child at home
During snack time we provide a healthy fruit/vegetable snack for your child. However, you are welcome to provide a healthy snack for your child in a clearly named container. Your child is expected to bring their water bottle into school daily and we can provide additional water if necessary.
What are we learning?
Our topics this year are as follows:
Autumn 1: Hey Diddle, Diddle
Autumn 2: Let’s Party
Christmas Topic: Winter Wonderland
Spring 1: Into the Woods
Spring2: Spring Watch
Summer 1: Prehistoric Pets
Summer 2: Go Wild
Please click on the link to see our learning for this term: Hey Diddle Diddle – Curriculum Tree
THINGS WE HAVE BEEN DOING RECENTLY
- PHONICS FINAL KEY WORD AND SOUND BANK
- Reception – Summer Term 2018 – Topic Overview
- Reception – Summer Term 2018 – Topic Web
- Reception – Spring Term 2018
- Reception Topic Overview Autumn 2017 – Superheroes / Celebrations
- Reception Topic Overview Spring Term 2017
- Reception Autumn Term 2016 Topic Overview – Superheroes / Celebrations
- Reception Spring 2016 Topic Overview
- Reception Suggested Book Selection