A BIG THANK YOU TO THE ALCESTER AND STRATFORD DISTRICT ROUND TABLE
On 25th January, The Alcester and Stratford District Round Table presented cheques to 14 charities from the local area at the Holly Bush, Alcester. Coughton Primary School’s PTA was one of those charities and we would like to give a big thank you to the Round Table for their generosity.
The Chair of the Alcester and Stratford District Round Table presented the cheque to Emma Lupton, Chair of the Coughton Primary School PTA.
10 REASONS WHY WE NEED YOUR HELP!
As parents, you are AUTOMATICALLY a member of the PTA… your voice counts. Our PTA depends on a continual cycle of parental involvement. As children reach their final year and leave, so do their parents. The Headteacher and staff support us when possible, but without all your support, we have no PTA – WE REALLY DO NEED YOUR SUPPORT.
The PTA is a group of parents who work together for the benefit of Coughton C of E Primary School. Some of us are full-time parents, some work part-time or work full-time. NONE of us are specialists in fundraising.
Taking an active role with the PTA is critical to your children’s success, so we’ve compiled a list of 10 reasons why helping the PTA will greatly improve your child’s school experience.
1. YOU ARE VITAL TO THE SUCCESS OF THE SCHOOL
- Schools are becoming more and more dependent on their PTAs for funds.
- Without the funds raised by the PTA, your child would not have had the benefits of: school trips, special end of term treats, the library, NEW lockers, NEW school hall projector.
2. IT’S TOTALLY FLEXIBLE!
- There are a variety of small ways in which you can help and be involved – from designing a poster, photocopying and distributing letters in the school, cleaning up after an event, helping out on a stall…so many ways.
- Giving up just 30 minutes of your time to help the PTA is invaluable. If everyone could spare 30 minutes a term to help, just think what we could achieve!
- You don’t have to attend PTA meetings – you can use our contact details to send in ideas for discussion.
3. YOU’LL FEEL MORE CONNECTED
- There’s no better way to know what events are being planned, have your say or make new fundraising suggestions, than by offering your help and support.
4. YOU’LL BE PART OF A GREAT NETWORK
- Every PTA event is an opportunity to meet other parents.
- You will be part of a like-minded network of people who all share a common goal of improving the school for all our children.
5. MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- By volunteering to help the PTA, you’ll be able to use whatever skills you have for a worthy cause.
- Our PTA strive to establish a supportive and encouraging community for the entire school.
6. WE’RE NOT JUST FOR MUMS!
- It’s important to our PTA, our school and our pupils to have dads represented on our committee and to help reach out to other dads.
- Are you a dad with a skill that would come in useful?
7. BE A ROLE MODEL
- By getting involved with our PTA, you’ll show your children that not only are they important to you, but their education is as well.
- Your children will see you playing an active part in making their education more varied.
- Getting involved illustrates good teamwork and community spirit.
8. WHAT THE PTA DOES AFFECTS EVERY PARENT (AND PUPIL)
- Your voice matters – the PTA committee is made up of people elected to represent you, so help us to do this effectively.
- Your ideas and involvement can help improve the quality of education for all the children at our school.
- See the smiles on their faces and know that you have played a part in making school a little more comfortable and fun!
9. IT’S FUN!
- Help plan fun events, socials and get-togethers
- Suggest NEW fun ways to raise funds
- Get your whole family involved!
Our children are only at school for a relatively short time. PTA events such as Christmas and Easter discos, Christmas and Summer Fairs will be remembered fondly by our children for a lifetime. The equipment and resources the PTA helps fund, make learning even more engaging. Help us continue to create lasting memories for our children.