School meals are provided by an external Provider: Educaterers Ltd. Children can choose their meal every day. Educaterers Ltd hold the Food For Life Silver Award. All the meals are nutritionally balanced and prepared off site. For the latest menus and current prices please contact the school office.
FREE MEALS FOR YEARS R, 1 AND 2
All pupils in Reception, year 1 and year 2 will be entitled to have a free school meal at lunchtime from September 2014. This offer does not depend on your household income or whether you receive any benefits – every child in these year groups will be eligible to take up the offer.
In a trial, it was found that pupils who ate a high quality school lunch achieved better academically than those who did not. They were also more likely to eat healthier foods such as vegetables at lunchtime instead of less healthy foods such as crisps.
Parents in the trial appreciated saving the cost of school lunches (currently £2.40 per child per day) and not having to spend time preparing packed lunches.
A major impact of this new scheme will be the measure of additional funding called pupil premium. The school currently gets pupil premium funding for children who are entitled to free school meals. Although your child will be receiving free lunches through this new system, it is vital that you apply for free school meals if you are entitled to them so that the school continues to receive additional funding. This information is highly confidential and not shared with governors.
You can apply for free school meals if you meet one of the following criteria:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided the parents are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax credit
- Universal Credit
You can apply online at: